Whole Rainbow Trout W/ Meyer Lemon EVOO & Garlic White Balsamic Vinegar using Pit Barrel Smoker
2 Rainbow trouts
1/4 cup Meyer Lemon Olive oil
1/4 cup Garlic White Balsamic
1 whole fennel bulb
1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
1 box of grape tomatoes
How to make Whole Rainbow Trout:
1. Prepare your Smoker to instructions.
2. Gut the rainbow trout. Can also remove fins and head if desired,
3. Stuff with 3 lemon slices, a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, and season with sea salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle with Meyer Lemon olive oil in the button of the cast iron.
5. Cut a whole fennel bulb into circular slice and add it on top of the olive oil in the cast iron. You can also add some lemon slices if you desire.
6. Arrange fishtail to head on top of fennel bed and add grape tomatoes in the middle.
7. Place cast iron in the middle of the smoker on a rack. Crack the lid a little to make it extra hot. Cook for approximately 20min or until the rainbow trout reaches 135-145º.
8. Drizzle with Garlic White Balsamic for the remaining 5 min of the cook.