5-6 Yellow squash, cut in half and gently cored, using a melon baller
1 bunch of mint
1 lb of ground turkey or ground pork ( lean meat is preferred)
6 garlic cloves
3/4 cup of white long rice ( uncooked)
1 can of tomato paste
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 tsp of cumin, cinnamon
2 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of Ella's Olive Garlic Chili EVOO
1. In a food processor, combine mint, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and process to create a paste
2. Add the paste (reserving 1 tbsp for sauce) and rice to the meat and mix well
3 Stuff squash loosely, using up all filling.
4. In a pressure cooker, add reserved herbed paste with Ella's Olive Garlic Chili EVOO, sauté for approx. 2 min
5. Add tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and 2 cups of water. Mix to create tomato sauce and bring to simmer.
6. Add stuffed squash carefully. Make sure it is at least 1/2 submerged into the sauce.
7. Close the pressure cooker and cook for about 45 min. ( if you don't have a pressure cooker use an ovenproof heavy pot, and cook for about 1 1/2 hrs)
8. Turn off the pressure cooker. Release steam from the steam valve, and wait for about 10 min to open the lid.
9. Serve with plain yogurt and toasted pita bread.