Blackberry Ginger Cobbler Drink
Cobblers have been cooling people down since colonial times. This cobbler recipe beats the swelter with Blackberry Ginger Balsamic, fortified wine, dark rum, and lots of ice.
Total time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 cocktail
- crushed ice
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp (2 1/2 ounces) dry style Madeira (we prefer Sercial)
- 1 tbsp (1/2 ounce) Demerara rum (such as El Dorado)
- 1 tsp Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 2 orange peel strips
- 1 lemon peel strip
- 10 fresh blackberries, divided
- pineapple wedge
- Fill a julep cup with crushed ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with large ice cubes; add Madeira, rum, Blackberry Ginger Balsamic, orange peel strips, lemon peel strip, and 5 blackberries.
- Cover and shake vigorously until well chilled, about 10 seconds.
- Strain into prepared cup; top with crushed ice and remaining 5 blackberries.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge. Serve with a straw and enjoy!