Cobblers have been cooling people down since colonial times. This cobbler recipe beats the swelter with Blackberry Ginger Balsamic, fortified wine, dark rum, and lots of ice.
Total time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 cocktail
- crushed ice
- ice cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp (2 1/2 ounces) dry style Madeira (we prefer Sercial)
- 1 tbsp (1/2 ounce) Demerara rum (such as El Dorado)
- 1 tsp Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 2 orange peel strips
- 1 lemon peel strip
- 10 fresh blackberries, divided
- pineapple wedge
- Fill a julep cup with crushed ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with large ice cubes; add Madeira, rum, Blackberry Ginger Balsamic, orange peel strips, lemon peel strip, and 5 blackberries.
- Cover and shake vigorously until well chilled, about 10 seconds.
- Strain into prepared cup; top with crushed ice and remaining 5 blackberries.
- Garnish with pineapple wedge. Serve with a straw and enjoy!