1 medium onion, chopped,
2 celery stalk, chopped,
2 small carrot, peeled, chopped
4 Tbsp. Tuscan Herb EVOO
Combo of 1 1/2 lb. ground beef chuck +
1/2 lb veal or 1/2 lb pork
Kosher salt to taste
3 oz. thinly sliced pancetta or 3 slices of
bacon finely chopped
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup tomato past
1 bay leaf
2 cans of chicken stock1 cup whole milk
1 lb. fresh tor dry spaghetti
2 oz. finely grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Pulse Onion, Carrot, Celery in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Heat Tuscan Herb in an ovenproof pot & brown ground chuck/veal or pork combo, breaking it up in fine pieces, remove from the pot and drain, remove any residual liquid
from the pot.
3. Cook Bacon or Pancetta until crisp.
4. Add onion mixture and cook until liquid is evaporated and bottom of the pot is dry
5. Add ground meat, wine, stir and cook until wine is evaporated, pushing on the meat and breaking it up further
6. Add Tomato paste, bay leaf, nut meg, salt, stir until paste is somewhat darkened.
7. Add chicken broth and milk, stir and cook for about 2 - 21/2 hrs on a very low heat until mixture resembles sloppy joe.
8 Cook pasta until al dente, reserve 1 cup of pasta liquid, drain pasta.
9. Add Pasta to the sauce, add 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of reserved pasta liquid, Parmesan Cheese, and cook until sauce is thickened.
10. Serve with chopped basil and cheese!